Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I <3 hearts.

Frig, I love cardiology. Or rather, the fact that I'm starting to feel like I'm not a total idiot about it any more. My elective is going really well - GREAT preceptor, he's giving me so many opportunities to practice my clinical exams as well as teaching me a lot of new skills. I can now start ECG's, and have a pretty good understanding of at least basic interpretation. I'm learning some more about drugs, and common cardiac conditions. I've even tried to be extra heart-healthy: biking to the clinic every day, more salads, etc. Of course, there are still at least 100000 things I don't know about hearts yet, but this is a good start. Only three days left of this elective, hopefully this new knowledge will last into clerkship and beyond!

On a related note: you know you're a med student when breasts become annoying lumps of tissue that just get in the way of doing a good exam.

1 comment:

megan said...

JEEEEEENNNNNNNN WHEN WILL YOU BE UPDAAAAAAAAATINNNNNNNNNNNNNG?